Saturday, April 9, 2011

Yum Yum Roquamole

Just got home from the grocery store (outer aisles only, friends) and guess what is on my mind?? FOOD!


We like to watch the food network on the ocassion at my house (ok, I lied we watch frequently but not because of me... my aunt is obsessed and writes down every recipe she sees). Whilst watching Nigella Lawson one day I was flabbergasted with this recipe that contained two of my favorite things: guac and blue cheese. I present to you, Roquamole! Recipe courtesy of The Food Network and can be else wise found here
  • 1cup crumbled blue cheese
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 2 ripe avocados
  • 2 tablespoons finely sliced scallions
  • 1/4 cup jarred sliced pickled green jalapenos
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 bag blue corn tortilla chips
Crumble or mash the blue cheese with the sour cream in a bowl. Mash in the avocados. If they are ripe, a fork should be allyour need. Roughly chop the sliced jalapenos and stir them into the mixture along with the finely sliced scallions. Arrange in the center of a plate or dish, dust with paprika and surround with tortilla chips. Dive in. 

I just think its a nice little twist on a classic dip. I mean I just don't even know how you would think to come up with that but it sounds amazing. So, Thanks Nigella! If only I could make some now... No, I am going to be a very good girl! :)


I don't think that picture found via google images can even do it justice.

3 comments:

Portuguese Prepster said...

sounds soo yummy!

Unknown said...

I've never really had much bleu cheese, so I'm not sure about this... I know I like guacamole, though!

Sam W. said...

never heard of this but i'm sure i'd love it!! two of my favorite things :)

Post a Comment