Tuesday, April 19, 2011

And the award goes to...

So I got my first blog award... from Bo-Nan at Cape Cod Collegiate ! Thank you, girl! I feel so spesh. I always saw these but never really paid much attention to them or understood how they worked. I assumed I wasn't a seasoned enough blogger yet. Buuuut I guess I never read the stuff below the little awards and understood that people just passed them on to each other. So basically I am the judge of who receives this reward next... ;) 


 

The rules for the Sisterhood Award are as follows:
1. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award, and thank them profusely! 
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to five blogs you've newly discovered.
4. Let your winners know you've given them the award!

1.  Obsessed with Hello Kitty. It's an unhealthy addiction that I have been trying to kick since I was 6 years old. At first it was cute but then I think my family was embarrassed that I had HK sheets for my spare set when I went to college. Now,  they have learned to embrace and accept it. 

2. I like to crack my fingers, toes, ankles, wrist, back; basically anything that will pop. I love the cracking sound {I know some of you are shuddering}. Dad says I shoulda been a chiro.

3. I despise pretty much every breakfast food. Espesh bacon, eggs, pancakes and waffles. I haaaate syrup. Everything about it; smell, texture, taste and the sticky mess. The only breakfast foods I eat are grits {duh}, cereal, oatmeal, chick fil a chicken biscuits {& minis} , pop-tarts {my fav are the Great Value brand chocolate ones, yes I prefer generic}. So you might ask what I eat every day... Luna Bars, Yogurt, Fruit or Multi Grain Cheerios. 

4. In case you didn't catch this in the last one. I am a picky eater {this is the first time I have admitted this, I normally deny}. Other than the entire breakfast food group, I hate melons {watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe}, nuts {any kind but peanuts. no walnuts, almonds, pecans, pralines, etc unless hidden in food}, ham, crust based pies {like apple, cherry. I hate crust}, cobblers {same reason as pies}, pastries {too crusty} and lots of other things but those are the ones people really just don't understand. I hate a lot of "normal" foods but love a lot of foods that some people don't like.

5. I don't have any cousins. My mom is an only child and my dad's only sister never had children. Sad little life, I tell  you. Never had anyone to play with... except my sister who is 6 years younger which is probably why I was still secretly playing house in 6th grade.  Okay, I have tons  massive quantities of  distant {2nd, 3rd, even 4th cousins} that I am close to. My mom's side of the family has an uber close distant family. Thankfully they fill my cousin void and are all awesome and wildly successful henceforth making me super proud to be able to say "that's my cousin!". Like the other day, a girl in my sorority tweeted that she was at an awards banquet listening to key note speaker, Will Pearson, of Mental Floss Magazine and I @ replied "Will Pearson is my cousin!!!" with glee and pride. Well, technically he is not my cousin but he is married to my cousin Georgia.  That makes us cousin-in-laws right? Either way, it's all in the family. 

 6. I can't wait to run my first 5k! I recently started running & although I have never been a runner before I am starting to enjoy it and see why people like it. I always despised running cause I thought I couldn't do it. Then I found a "running mentor" and she explained to me a lot of people think they can't run because they start out running too fast or too far. She then told it's okay to run slow and I felt 100% better about my running future. I think I was scared of being the slowest. Every time I hit the pavement gets a little bit easier than the last. Running a 5k will be one of my biggest accomplishments. I get anxiety thinking about it; like the actual day... like having an allergy attack while running, not getting there on time, falling, FAILING MISERABLY. ok, you get the point.

7. I may or may not be a hypochondriac. Y'all every little thing wrong with my freaks me the *F* out. Which is why I have been to the doctor 2 times in the past two weeks. The first time was because I could not breathe {I assumed I had developed asthma but really it was an allergy attack} and the second time for what I was positive was a uti and that surely was the direction it was headed {extra cautious}. If I don't know what is up or am not familiar with symptoms {or even if I am but just want to see the wondrous possibilities} I will then google the symptoms {or web md}. Oh lawd. Jesus better take the wheel at that point because my stomach ache is for sure a symptom of Mongolian body rot and I am, in fact, dying. I am a self diagnoser. I admit. I self diagnose because I actually secretly really dislike going to the doctor. I "sprained" my ankle back in September but it was swollen, bruised and hurt for 2 months. Who knows, I could've broken it. I also suffer from and have self diagnosed the following;  anxiety, depression, mitral valve prolapse, attention deficit hyperactive disorder {I first self diagnosed then the doctor verified} amongst others. Now that you all think I am certifiably crazy... I request that you please do not de-follow me because of this. I kid you not, I am sane. Just a little over zealous when it comes to sickness, injury and health. I take my vitamins {c and b + acidophilus} on the reg to stay healthy buuuut there are not vitamins for some ailments. 

Now the fun part... I am sorry if I "give" this award to you and you have already received it. Disregard this post. The awards go to... *drum roll please*

Casey at Byrd's Eye View 

'Grats Ladies. Now you all can go check out some of my favies! 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on winning that award. I'm your newest follower:)

Rachel said...

What? How exciting!! Thanks for the award :) It must be my early birthday present!

Brittany said...

I love meeting other people from Alabama!! Congrats on the award! I want to start running too! What's your advice to get started?

I would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!
roll tide!!

bmaryandblessed.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Thank you for the award! You're so sweet! I can't believe you don't like breakfast foods. I could seriously eat breakfast all the time. Good luck with the 5K! <3 I am totes training for the Disneyland one.

Unknown said...

Good luck with your first 5K! :)

I can't believe you don't like breakfast food - it is my FAVORITE!!

And my husband is a super picky eater, so I can relate :)

Post a Comment