Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ready, Set, SUN!

Ready, Set, SUN!

Summer is just around the corner and if you are like myself, you are looking in the mirror and getting a feeling of little satisfaction from the color of your skin. It's been pretty warm here in Sweet Home Alabama but I still do not feel right pulling out a lounge chair and basking in the front yard. 

I get fairly dark in the summer and tan well but I rarely tan my face. I don't want it looking like a used leather hand bag in 10 years. This is the only skin we get people! Got to keep soft and safe from skin cancer.  My face also has fallen victim to many long days spent out in the sun and has suffered the consequences. Here are some healthy alternatives for getting the bronzed, baked and beautiful summer glow. 

1. NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna - This is bronzer is  pretty much on everyone's favorite list
2. Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzing Powder - I like this one a lot because it is also a brightener
3. Urban Decay Baked Bronzer - Never used it but saw it in the store the other day and thought it looked like a quality bronzer. I like Urban Decay products and they are normally quality cosmetics.
4. Sephora Collection Sun Disk - I am pretty sure this is a bronzer I used awhile back. I liked it but then it broke.
5. Laura Gellar Bronze & Brighten - My absolute fav. I use it a lot, even when I don't want to look bronzed because it is a swirl and has brightener in it too. It is easy to just get some of that brighten on your brush and not a lot of the bronze color.  

Whatever bronzer or self tanner you use on your face, remember to play it safe and always wear some SPF on your face when you are out in the sun.  

3 comments:

Kori said...

Hey honey! All your photobucket images aren't showing up...Kori xoxo

Unknown said...

Yes! Always wear SPF :) Good tip!

Portuguese Prepster said...

love love NARS bronzer!

Post a Comment