Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Snapshots





I am in desperate need of a new camera! I need to get back to documenting my life :)

Mine is almost 3 years old (I know that's not old but the picture quality seriously bites, I have no clue why I thought it use to take such great pics?) and I am ready to upgrade.

I need a camera that has all of these qualities: 
compact enough to fit in a purse - I'd like a Nikon D40 or a Canon Rebel to take fantastic photos with but let's face it, my purse is heavy enough and most aren't big enough for this size camera. I don't need to tote a camera bag around. I would feel like a bag lady
takes quality pictures - this speaks for itself. So many point and shoot cameras produce horrible quality pictures that aren't worthy of facebook or twitter much less my blog.
not too pricey - as a struggling post-grad with a job in the economic recession, I need to keep the cost friendly. Let's say in the $200 range? I just know there is little to NOTHING for less than that. My crap camera I have now cost almost that much.

I am open to any and all suggestions. Help me out, blog friends! I trust you with all kinds of advice so hit me with your best shot. What kinds of cameras do you all use?

2 comments:

LC said...

I've had my eye on the Canon PowerShot D10 for a while...a lot of my fellow photog friends have recommended it as a great point & shoot camera! You can find it on Amazon- http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-D10-Waterproof-Stabilized/dp/B001SER460

Amber said...

I have the Canon PowerShot SX120-IS and I love it! Seriously.. it takes the best pictures. I have no complaints and it's not too heavy to carry in your purse. They have a new version of this camera out now and it's the SX130 and it has a 12x optical zoom as opposed to my 10x optical zoom. Just look at like walmart.com and it has it there!

Post a Comment