Friday, September 16, 2011

Guest Blogger Jessica: Disney Land Fun!

Hi there! I’m Jessica from Pearls & Pink Polka Dots. I’m the guest blogger of the day while Lindsey is in Walt Disney World which BTW I’m jealous that she’s there. For those of you who don’t know me, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area out in California. I’ve never been to Walt Disney World but I have been to Disneyland more times than I can keep track of! Today I’m going to share with you some of my favorite things about Disneyland as well as some tips if you ever make out here.



1. E-ticket Rides

First off, if you don’t know what an “E” ticket ride, before 1982 you used coupon books with different levels (A, B, C, D, E) to ride the attractions and the E ticket was used for the newest, most advanced, and/or most popular rides and attractions at the park.

My favorite two E-ticket rides: Indiana Jones and Matterhorn. These are two rides unique to DL. I actually had never thought about them only being in DL until I had mentioned the Matterhorn to Lindsey and she didn’t know what it was. The Matterhorn is one of my favorites. It was the first steel roller coaster ever! Some people think it is too bumpy but I like it. You can see the mountain from outside the park. The premise of the ride is that you are riding bobsleds through the Matterhorn Mountain and you meet the Abominable Snowman. Indiana Jones is another great ride and one not to be missed. You join Dr. Indiana Jones through a lost temple on a quest for the Jewel of Power. This ride is also bumpy so be prepared to be whipped around a lot in your seat.



Matterhorn tip: There are two sides to the ride, the Fantasyland side and the Tomorrowland side. The Tomorrowland side is supposed to be faster while the Fantasyland side is smoother. One of my favorite times to ride this is at night because you can see the park all lit up from a unique view.



Indiana Jones tip: If you plan on riding this ride more than once (which you totally should) take time to wait in line and enjoy the queue. There is a lot of detail that I feel sometimes gets overlooked. But if you are pressed for time and you don’t mind riding by yourself use the single rider option.

2. Food
Where to begin? Churros, popcorn, clam chowder, pasta, ice cream, burgers- there is so much to choose from! One of the best things about Disneyland is the food. Instead of writing about it I thought I would share pictures of some of my favorite things to eat at the park.

Mickey Shaped Food



Favorite Meals








Sweet Snacks


Is your mouth watering yet?


Disneyland Food Tip: Lines are long during “peak” dining times so try to eat a little bit later or earlier. Also if you have a large group, send a couple of people to find a table while others stand in line to get the food. There is nothing worse than carrying around a heavy tray of food looking for a table. Another tip: if you don’t want to gain 20 pounds while you are on vacation opt for kid’s portions or share an entrée with a friend. At some restaurant’s you can get a kid’s portion with the same food as an adult portion just not as much.


3. Fantasmic



I know there is a Fantasmic at WDW but I have heard that the DL version is much better than the WDW version. While I have never seen the WDW one, Fantasmic is the perfect way to end a day at the park. I am such a DL nerd that I have the music for Fantasmic on itunes. Besides the princess part in the middle featuring my girl, Belle, the best part of the show is the finale. After Mickey defeats the evil Malificient, all the characters ride aboard the Mark Twain Steamboat.


Fantasmic Tip: If there are two shows the night you are visiting, wait around New Orleans Square for the first show to end and as these people are leaving grab their seats. It will save you a lot of time since a lot of people “camp” out for seats for this show. Also if you sit close enough you will get sprayed with water from the mist screens so be prepared if you see the show on a chilly night.


4. Peter Pan





Ever since I can remember Peter Pan’s Flight has been my favorite “kiddie” ride at Disneyland. I love getting in the pirate ships and “flying” through the ride. I love love love when you fly over London and it is all twinkly. The only thing I don’t like is that the ride is too short.


Peter Pan Tip: This is one of the most popular rides in the park so the line is always long and it takes a long time. If you have a Magic Morning with the ticket you purchase (usually any ticket that is a 3 or more day park hopper), first use the Magic Morning and then go on Peter Pan during Magic Morning. If you don’t have Magic Morning, wait until right after the fireworks because they will close that part of Fantasyland down for the fireworks.

5. Aladdin



I haven’t talked much about the other park, Disney California Adventure, mainly because it is going through a massive renovation right now. Many of the attractions that are in DCA can be found at WDW. One of the gems of the park is the Aladdin musical show. I saw it last November for the second time and I forgot how funny and high quality it was. They sing the majority of the songs in the movie during the 45 minute show. Hands down the best part of the show was the Genie. He was hilarious! He does a bit of improv in the show and made jokes about the Kardashians among other things.


Aladdin Tip: Get there early to ensure a good seat. There are three levels in the theater and seating is in a first come first serve basis.




I hope you enjoyed reading about my favorite things at Disneyland! The list could really go on and on. Disneyland is one of my favorite places in the world and if you need any tips, stop by my blog and ask away. Lindsey, I hope you having a magical time at Walt Disney World! Can’t wait to hear about it! 


xoxo, Jessica


Notes from Lindsey: Hey Readers, by now I am in the air on the way to Orlando and by this afternoon I will be in the Magic Kingdom. I have never been to Disneyland but I so want to go... so badly! I hope when I go I can meet up with one of my great blog friends Jessica {so thankful for her to be guest blogging here today!}. Real quick, I wanted to point a few things out... I think the Matterhorn is similar to Disney World's Animal Kingdom's Expedition Everest. WDW does not have an Indiana Jones ride, just a show which I have seen SO MANY times. I think a ride would be cool! I also love the Peter Pan ride at WDW and from the pictures and Jessica's description it sounds just like the one at WDW. I could talk forever but I will save everything for my post when I get back. I hope you are so far enjoying the guest bloggers. Come back tomorrow for another goody! 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

LOVE Disney! I love the Mickey themed food! So fun!

Post a Comment