Thursday, March 29, 2012

Makeup made easy with Rachel (guest post!)

Hello lovelies, I'm Rachel from Love a la mode! First of all, thanks so much to Lindsey for giving me the opportunity to guest post while she is away having the time of her life on a fabulous cruise! I am a college student, fashion blogger, and pinterest addict. One thing I am not, however, is a morning person. Anything I can do to salvage the precious few minutes of sleep I get, I will do. One thing that seems to take up a lot of time for most people is morning makeup. But after years of playing around, I can finally say I've discovered the perfect morning makeup ritual that takes less than 10 minutes and has me ready for a full day of class and meetings!



The first thing I do is apply Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra to my entire face. This helps even out the tones and erases redness and under-eye circles.













Next, I set the foundation with Stila Illuminating Powder in a matching shade. This helps it last all day and prevents you from sweating it off as easily. (Hey, I go to school in the desert. Plus if you've ever been in play this is a basic stage makeup technique!)


















Since I'm embarrassingly pale, I also dust a light layer of Lancome's Star Bronzer in Bronze Solaire over my face for a matte sunkissed look. If you like a more shimmery bronzer, I also love Lorac's TANtalizer Baked Bronzer.







Then I dust Cover Girl Cheekers Blush in Rose Silk over my cheek bones, and I do a big goofy grin to get the apples just right :)




 
I save the eyes for last because to me they're the most stressful- I'm so afraid of putting things near my eye that I won't even consider getting contacts! I first line both the top and bottom of my eyes (on the outer side of the lashes) with Lancome's Le Crayon Khol in Black Ebony. It's so smooth and creamy it's hard to believe it's a traditional pencil liner.




For the finishing touch, I use Lancome's Hypnose Doll Lashes Mascara on my upper and lower eyelashes, coating both the top and bottom for the upper ones. (Coating top and bottom of the lashes makes such a big difference, it's as if you're wearing false lashes, I swear!)





Add a spritz of Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb, and you're ready to go for the day!




What are your favorite makeup products? What tips and tricks do you use to save time in the morning? I'm always looking for new ideas, so help me out!




Bisous,


Rachel


Love a la mode

No comments:

Post a Comment